Friday, June 15, 2007

Kitchen Sink

Bicycles... check.
Golf Clubs... check.
Books, toys, games... check.
Birthday & Father's Day gifts... check.
Kitchen Sink... check.

Seriously.

Preparing for a 3-week trip is a lot of work! We have a very busy day tomorrow so I'm trying to get as much done today as possible. We've had a great time visiting with my mom. It's been a four-day celebration of my birthday!

Tomorrow is CareFest in Rochester, a day set aside for churches come together to do service projects all over the city. The benefactors include public schools, daycare facilities, parks, women's shelters, public works and various others. Last year the labor alone was worth well over one million dollars to the city. As for me, I've signed up to watch the children of the volunteers from our church tomorrow morning. Not that I'm not willing to pick up a paintbrush or shovel, but for this summer I figured it was the best way for me to serve.

"So then, while we have the opportunity, let us do good to all people."
Galatians 6:10

We'll take my mom to the airport after church tomorrow and head home for a good night's sleep (hopefully! - we're still adjusting to our 'summer schedule' - oh wait, we really don't have one). We plan to head to Missouri first thing Sunday morning to arrive in time for Kelly's game and and evening together.

We're ready to go, or at least mentally we are. I'm still packing, and will be until the moment we leave, I'm sure, but our hearts and our heads are already with dad. We plan to have a very special Father's Day.

No comments: