Sunday, June 03, 2007

Friday Night Fun

The kids and I loved our movie sleepover night! The Wizard of Oz was a big hit. It had been so long since I'd seen it in it's entirety, it was such a treat. (We did skip through the one slightly scary scene, although some cartoons these days are much worse that that.) The munchkins were the favorite, but scarecrow and tinman were up there, too. Instead of popcorn, we had a pizza picnic. And following the movie, sleeping arrangements were in a tent in the guest room downstairs, complete with sleeping bags, flashlights and marshmallows. I eventually made it to my own bed but not before we told stories, sang songs and made shadow puppets. This is what memories are made of.

We were able to get in Claire's soccer game yesterday before an afternoon of rain. They enjoyed a victory and are now 3-2. Claire has enjoyed the season so much, we just may play again in the fall.

My sister Lydia and nephew Adrien are scheduled to arrive today. But we're also in for a treat: Uncle Dre (my brother-in-law, Andre) is coming too! We love our Uncle Dre and he doesn't make the trip nearly as often, so we're very excited!

Uncle Dre & Adrien

No comments: