Thursday, June 07, 2007

A Decade

Ten years ago at about this time, Kelly & I were sweating, breathing deeply and I was slightly panicking... we were getting ready to make the walk down the aisle. It's hard to believe that ten years have passed since that day. Some days it seems as though it was just yesterday (then I look at our wedding photos and say, 'wow, we were young!'), and others I feel as though I've known Kelly forever. One thing is certain and is constant: I am in love.

Not being able to spend this milestone together is hard, but I was pleasantly surprised by the fed ex man and 24 beautiful, perfect roses. (I was temped to plant one on the guy, but he wasn't really my type. Kidding.) And I'd say that there is definitely truth to the statement, "Absence makes the heart grow fonder". Kelly and I lived in separate states during the six months leading up to our wedding and this summer reminds me of that time. Our phone conversation were a bit more syrup-y back then I'm sure, while our talks today involve much more of the mundane. But the longing remains.

Happy 10th Anniversary Kelly... Here's to 50 more!

No comments: