Friday, October 06, 2006

Confessions

I do love to blog.

I like to think that there are people (namely our friends and family) who are reading this, keeping up with the adventure that is the Spanns. Whether there are readers or not, I still enjoy the "creative release" it brings. I know I'm not a phenomenal writer, but I like to put my thoughts to paper, er, keyboard. If there are those who check in on us once in awhile, leave a comment or email us to let us know you're reading. Even if I'm writing to myself, I'll continue, if only because I enjoy it so much!

One particular part of our life that I've failed to mention is our goals for weight-loss and general improved health. I've left out this detail on purpose. Kelly has no problem sharing, but I'm the one who is self-conscious. So here it is: We're trying to lose weight and get in shape. Whew - that wasn't so bad.

We've joined the YMCA here in Rochester, and while it isn't a new, state-of-the-art fitness facility, it's a great place for us. There are people of all shapes and sizes, all of the machines and classes we need, friendly staff, and probably most important - a great kids-care program included in our membership.

Kelly has already begun losing weight, I'm not seeing such results. My endurance has increased, however, as I now can do hills for 30 minutes on the elliptical machine without feeling like I'm on death's door. Today I started a food and exercise journal, as I already know that it's the food part of the equation that's stalling my efforts. I will not give up, however. Just promise that the next time you see me you'll wait until I'm not looking to see if I've had any success!

So now that I've heaved that load off my chest (and soon to be my backside!), I wish you and yours a fantastic weekend!

No comments: