Monday, October 01, 2007

Ready to Go...

I'm finally feeling ready to go. I haven't felt this way until this weekend. I was excited about the prospect of moving some place new, of Kelly's new job, of what the future holds, but I wasn't so thrilled about the idea of leaving Rochester. We've had a great time here. Kelly was challenged while at Crossroads, but I loved my job, we have a great church and though our social circle isn't huge, we have friends, both old and new, whom we'll miss dearly.

So when Kelly left, I was okay that we were staying for a bit. The idea of a long separation wasn't good, but I wasn't ready to leave what we have here.
It's now 3 weeks later - And I'm so ready.

I miss my husband, the kids miss their dad. As of today, this is the longest we've been apart. My job has changed, which has been a positive transition, but I can leave at any time. We had a garage sale this past weekend, sold lots of stuff and made a little money.

We still need to find someone to rent our house, find a place to live in Natchitoches, not to mention the small detail of packing and making the actual move. But I figure those are just details, and we're trusting that God's timing is better than ours. It always is, isn't it?

No comments: