Monday, October 29, 2007

Perfect Sunday

If you would have asked me at 8am on Sunday if I was expecting a perfect day, I would have said "only if I get a nap". We had been at church for several hours the previous day, and were ready to embark on another 4. It's not that I didn't want to go to church, it's just that the kids have attended 3 services each weekend plus the additional hours I put in before and after services. I was tired and my body was begging for a nap.

We went, I taught and we all made it! Claire & Nolan are super-troopers and waited patiently for an hour after services ended while I wrapped up. We headed to Burger King for a "special" meal and headed home, ready for a nap. I got a call from our dear friend Ms. Heidi, who invited us to her dad's house to ride horses and hang out.

Now, if you didn't already know, Claire's latest interest is horses. She's been begging to ride "a real one" and we had actually planned on riding lessons until our decision to move halted all such plans.


We had a glorious afternoon. The sun was shining, the air was perfectly autumn-crisp. Claire rode, Nolan rode, friends rode. We played games, we ate pizza. No nap, but still, it was decidedly perfect.


1 comment:

Missy Eagen said...

now there's the one fear that I'm sure will be passed on to my children! HORSES SCARE THE DAYLIGHTS OUT OF ME! Good for Claire and Nolan! I'm glad you guys were able to enjoy the beautiful weather and the blessing of friendship :)