A few facts about Natchitoches, Louisiana:
1. One pronunciation: 'nack uh dish'
Another: 'nack uh tish'
Another: 'nack uh tush'
Never: 'natch i tochis'
2. It means "natural perfection"
3. The movies Steel Magnolias and The Man in the Moon were filmed there
(as well as several other TV movies)
4. Population: Approx 18,500 (+4!)
NSU enrollement (not included in pop.): 10,000
5. Oprah Winfrey visited Natchitoches in October 2002 after a guest on her show told her how much Natchitoches loved her. Oprah was noted for calling Natchitoches "The Best little town in the whole USA!"
6. Average Highs & Lows:
7. It is the oldest permanent settlement in the Louisiana Purchase and is located halfway between Shreveport and Alexandria.
8. Our (soon to be) New Home!
Don't you just love Wikipedia?!