Thursday, September 28, 2006

Fabulous Fall

Autumn is by far my favorite season. I'm sure it has a lot to do with growing up in California, where a change of season meant it might rain, or that the coastal fog would linger a bit longer during the cooler days. I do remember that it felt cold at the time... of course 60 degrees is freezing to many coastal Californians.
Well, we couldn't live in a better place to enjoy the season. I've seen Aspen, CO in Autumn - pretty amazing - but truly, there's no place like Minnesota to experience fall.
Today was a perfect day. Life feels simple. I enjoyed a morning of bible study with a large group of women from church, followed by lunch with my family. (Kelly comes home almost every day for lunch. Am I a lucky girl or what? After all the time we spent together this summer, I think I'd experience Kelly-withdrawal if I had to go cold-turkey!)
And this afternoon, after the kids and I put on new coats and played outside, we came in for cinnamon toast and hot chocolate. Really, does it get any better?





No comments: