Sunday, September 17, 2006

Another Week In The Life

... just a photo taken before we moved. The kids we're "practicing". Practicing what, I'm not exactly certain. They'd run and flip... and call it practicing. Remember when it was that easy?

We had the joy of welcoming some of our old friends to a new city! Jeff & Angela Morgan and their family arrived in Rochester last weekend. Nolan & I spent a morning with them and our families dined together at their new home here in town. For those who don't know the Morgans - they are dear friends of ours of many years. Both of our families made the recent move to southern Minnesota! It's so fun to have built-in friends in a foreign place. We're so grateful for them!

And speaking of friends, we had the opportunity this afternoon to cultivate new relationships at a backyard picnic for our new 'mini-congregation' (aka sunday school). Lots of families, lots of kids!
Claire & Nolan were a bit slow to get in on the action, which is pretty unusual for them. Although there were lots of children, not many were Claire's age. She got over it, though, when she decided to play football with the 'big boys'. She even made a tackle and got a high five from one of the guys! She had a blast! Nolan ended up muddy, which means he enjoyed himself too. I, especially, was able to connect with a few women and am looking forward lunch with a new friend tomorrow and starting a morning bible study this Thursday.

I had a job interview this week, at the Olmsted Medical Center. Olmstead is the lesser-known medical facility here in Rochester. The position was an admitting clerk for the hospital emergency room, 2 evenings a week and every-other weekend. After the interview, I was undecided as to whether I would accept the job, if offered. My prayer was that if it was not the job for me, that I wouldn't have to make the decision, but that it would be made for me. Friday I was told that they offered the position to another candidate. I felt relieved! There were many factors in my unease with the position, and I'm so glad to still be at home. I do believe that a time will come for me to work in some capacity again, mostly likely sooner than later. I had thought it would be in a medical environment, as that is where I've been the past 2 years - and with the Mayo Clinic & it's hospitals less than 5 miles away, there are various opportunities. But perhaps there is something else in store...

We're still waiting on something to happen with our home in Mayer. When we left, we did so thinking that we'd receive an offer in the near future. No such luck. If anyone knows anyone who knows anyone who knows anyone looking for a new home - give us a call! We'll probably make a change in the next few weeks, in regards to our agent or the price, or both! Please pray as we decide what to do. When we first put our home on the market, we did so with excitement and urgency, knowing that our home was God's rather than ours, and He would sell it at His price in His time. We still know it to be true, but the time and distance (knowing it's sitting there, waiting for a family to fill it!) has stripped away at all that excitement. We're so thankful that we have a place to call home here in Rochester, that we are together as a family in one place, able to plant our feet here, get connected and make new relationships. Jon & Laila - I think of you! But really - if you know anyone...

No comments: