Monday, September 04, 2006

The Virgin Blog

This is my first attempt at writing my thoughts down on this blog. Forgive my "rookie" post; I'll try to make sense out of what's going on here at Crossroads. What a whirlwind the past two weeks! The previous regime left little to no paper trails of any system or reason of how the department was run. A new computer system was installed....... but didn't work. I had to come up with syllabi...... with lousy textbooks. I had a overzealous student question my integrity...... over a one credit PE course. Ah, the life! The athletic culture here is an untrusting, mediocre, circus act, complete with clowns and death defying acts. However, this has stroked my ego, because any small act of order and consistency is cheered and applauded. I have to be careful not to let it go to my head, but trust me, there's always something to bring me back to reality. This is definitely a challenge, but I have settled into a groove and look forward to making a difference here. My challenge to the department is to ensure that leadership qualities are taught, learned, and applied. What a challenge that will be.

Kelly

No comments: