Saturday, April 17, 2010

(fairy) godmother

Okay, so I don't have wings or a magic wand. (I would love one though. I wouldn't turn a pumpkin into a carriage or anything, but if I could get my laundry to fold itself, my husband would be one happy man!)

I am a godmother, however.


This is all new to me, but am incredibly honored. My ex-boss (she would call me her co-worker, because she's just that type of gal) and I became very close while we worked together. While I am older than her, by 9 whole months!, we just clicked. Yonna is truly an amazing person and I am honored just to know her. When I was offered the position at the Elementary Lab, my first thoughts turned to her. My first instinct was to say no, only because I couldn't leave Yonna. She was on maternity leave and I was so nervous to tell her. Not because I thought she would be mad (again, she's not that kind of person) but because I didn't want it to negatively affect our friendship.


We don't get to see each other every. single. day. and I grieve the loss of our time together. (Sounds so tragic, I know.) Our time spent together is far more infrequent, but we remain the best of friends and know that because we no longer have that boss-employee relationship that it has only been strengthened.

Yo & I at her baby shower

I know this for many reasons, but was elated when she asked me to be her son's godmother. I cried (duh), she cried and I am thrilled beyond words. Amsden's baptism ceremony was held last Saturday morning and I was an honored guest. It was a small, private and beautiful ceremony, where I cried again. Seriously, you're not surprised, are you?


Is he not one of the most gorgeous things you have ever seen? He is such a well-tempered baby, and insanely cute. He smells like a dream. To know that I will hold a permanent place in his life, and he in mine, is the best part of all. Yonna and Alan have a beautiful family and I plan to be a part of it for a lifetime. Thank you.

No comments: