Tuesday, April 06, 2010

a blog to remember

So, I've been blogging for nearly 4 years now. I've always enjoyed going back and reading old posts, but I hadn't done it for some time. For whatever reason, I've been going back. Waaay back. It's taken forever, but this week I've read 2010, 2009, 2008. I'm still working on 2007 & 2006.

Some of the posts make me laugh and some make me cry. Some remind me of conversations and instances that I had totally forgotten about. I wish I had posted more pictures. Since that is what it is. A photo album. A journal. A memoir.

I can look back see where we've been and remember what I was feeling when I wrote it. I can remember exactly where I was when I was typing. At the kitchen table, in the office, at the library, in a coffee shop.

I can hardly believe all that has happened in the Spann Family since the beginning of this blog. It's been an adventure, to say the least.

And you've been there, reading along.

Some of you have been reading since the beginning. Some of you are new. Some used to read but now I'm not sure if you're around. I used to get comments but not so much any more. (I have a feeling that with the addition of Facebook to all of our lives, it may be a little redundant and I've lost some readers. )

So if you're here, I say thank you. Thank you for listening to me rant and rave, complain and whine, brag and boast, bore you and hopefully make you laugh once in a while. I write this blog mainly for myself. To preserve those memories that otherwise might be lost. But also for our far reaching friends and family, from Natchitoches to San Diego to Denver to Minnesota to Omaha and beyond. We miss you.

I don't have plans to quit any time soon. I just hope you'll hang in with me!

No comments: