Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Spring Fling

Hello! So, it's been awhile... I feel like we have some catching up to do. I'm in shock and awe (and thankful!) that it's April and nearly Easter. Time really does fly when you're having fun, as my mom always said, but now that I'm an adult, it just seems to fly.

It must be summer, because I'm sunburned. Oh wait, I forget that I now live in Louisiana, and one can get burnt just about any time of day between the months of March and November. I've spent extra time outside as the kids are now in their baseball/softball seasons. I really enjoy watching both kids play, but I have to say that I especially enjoy Claire's games. She's moved up this year, to 'coach pitch'. So, Claire is the pitcher, but she doesn't actually pitch to the batter. She stands next to the coach and once the underhand pitch is thrown, she takes it from there. She's a natural athlete (um... we all know that she got that from dad, not me) and she's really good. She loves to play and takes it very seriously. Nolan's games are fun, they're just a little more frustrating to watch, as his team is all 5-year olds. Boy's baseball is serious stuff, though, especially in the south, so the rules are tougher and expectations higher, but he's getting the hang of it. As long as his polyester pants aren't bothering him, we're okay.


The kids & I enjoyed a good old-fashioned Easter Egg hunt last weekend. It was put on by Les Amies, a ladies service organization here in Natchitoches. The kids found more eggs than would fit in their baskets and were thrilled with it all. It was at the Lemee & Steel Magnolia House, so named for the movie they were featured in.




Kelly is on the road this week. They played Baylor last night and took a bit of a beating. They head to San Antonio today and will play a 3-game series starting tomorrow, bringing him home on Sunday morning.

I look forward to a long holiday weekend, with plans to take the kids to the zoo. Claire & Nolan are on Spring Break next week, as is the University. I don't get the week off, unfortunately, but will take it easy with a day or two off. Work has been crazy, as it always is this time of year, but the promise of graduation is on the horizon, which means slow summer schedules.

As I look out the window, it's a perfect Spring day, with an expected high of 79 degrees. I hope that wherever you are, you're experiencing Spring in all it's splendor and have the opportunity to celebrate & reflect on the love that was expressed by the ultimate sacrifice. Happy Easter!


No comments: