Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Latest and Greatest

What's new with the Spanns? Well, I didn't want to bore you with details that only include baseball, which explains the lack of blog posts. But then I remembered, that if I skip the baseball stories, there will be nothing left to tell!

Last Tuesday the kids & I headed to Baton Rouge to watch the Demons take on LSU. It was a beautiful evening. LSU has just built a new ballpark and it's very nice - like a mini major-league park. The concession prices reflected that feel as well, as I spent $23 on snacks, including five-dollar "Tiger" Cotton Candy! Ultimately, the Demons lost, but it was a great game. We pitched really well and remained tied 1-1 until the bottom of the 9th, when we just couldn't hold em any longer. I was the proud team 'momma' and was so happy we could be there.

We joined the 21st century when Mandy accompanied us on our venture south. She helped us find our way with no incidents, and even guided us to a Dick's Sporting Goods prior to the game to pick up new cleats & uniform necessities for the kids' upcoming season. Mandy, of course, is the name of our GPS. As many are aware, I can get lost driving just about anywhere (even if I've driven there several times) and have no sense of direction.

Just when I thought we were totally recovered from our recent fever-cough bout with the kids, I heard Nolan cough-cough-coughing all night last night. Both Nolan and Claire stayed home from school recently due to minor illnesses. It was a first for the Spann fam, as our kids are usually quite healthy and if they do get sick, it's always been during a school break!

These days, we're either at one ballpark or another. If it's not for a college game, it's for either of the kids' practice. They have pre-season scrimmages and tournament coming up. Lots of rain has brought some cancellations, for which I rejoice in, just to have an evening at home!

We head to Huntsville, Texas this weekend, as the kids are out of school on Friday and we love to travel to away games. The Demons take on Sam Houston State and the highlight (besides the baseball) will be going to see the 3D movie 'Monsters vs. Aliens'. Kelly leaves with the team this morning to play Texas A&M and will stay in Texas (that's my favorite country, Mom - says Nolan) through the weekend.

I chopped my hair off, my usual spring makeover, inspired by Katie Holmes.

And that's about it. The latest and greatest in the life of the Spann Fam. Yeah, not so exciting, but hey, it's what we do.

No comments: