Thursday, July 19, 2007

Abundant Sunshine

Today's weather forecast is a 'high of 78 with abundant sunshine' according to weather.com. Sounds perfect!

The week is flying by and I feel fall looming upon us. I know, I know, it's only mid-July. But much of my time (and my thoughts) are concentrated on our fall schedule. We've purchased those essential school supplies, are acquiring a back-to-school wardrobe and I've even written a meal plan for the month of September. (What about August, you ask? Still too hot to do much serious cooking, except on the grill!).

I suppose my mid-summer crisis is due in part to the fact that I begin working August 2nd. I'll work 15 hours a week for 6 weeks in the Christian Ed dept of our church, covering for the director's maternity leave. The hours are extremely flexible, but will overlap with the start of school in early September. I also have several meetings and training days for the preschool which start next week. I need to keep in mind that it's only 15 hours... and enjoy summer with all my heart! Which is exactly what I intend to do. We plan to see a play this week, attend a free concert & Claire will attend a Bible-Sports Camp in town (she's thrilled... they feature cheerleading!).

And Kelly will be home any day now. Well, almost. Playoffs begin Sunday. If they win, they play again on Monday, if not, they don't play until Tuesday. After that we'll see. Of course I wish them success & wins... but I wouldn't mind having Kelly back before the month ends, either!

I'm headed out to enjoy that 'abundant sunshine'. Now, where did I put the sunblock?

No comments: