Monday, February 05, 2007

Sunny & Cold

It's cold.

For those reading and living in Minnesota (or the upper midwest) you know what I'm talking about. For those of you checking in with us from elsewhere... let's just say it's colder than you can imagine.

It's currently -10, with an expected high of -2, though, with windchill it feels like -23.

I'm staying inside.

It is sunny, which is nice, but the lack of cloud cover makes for colder temps. I remember when a friend explained this to me in college. I couldn't grasp the concept that a sunny day meant a colder day. It still baffles my California mind.

(You see what I mean about Minnesotans and weather?!... It's consuming!)

But other than the low temperatures, life is pretty boring right now, which is good for us. We're happy just being, all the while doing what we do. I'm still trying to find my niche, to figure out what I'm supposed to be doing (besides my beloved role as mother and wife). And I am feeling more settled than I have since we've moved, and now just trying to rest in the knowledge that God has an amazing plan, and we're in the midst of it!

Stay warm, and if you are able to walk outside without a jacket... don't tell me about it!

Have a great week!

No comments: