Sunday, January 09, 2011

what's in a name?

This time last year we held the keys to what would soon become our new home. Yes - our realtor gave us the keys, so we could come by and measure, walk through, imagine and well, just 'be' in the space. There may have been no electricity, but we came by every chance we could get.

Now that we've actually lived in this house for nearly a year, the love that we felt when we walked in has been confirmed. We actually MISSED it when we were away for the holidays. We love being home. It's not perfect, by any means. The work that needs to be done here is overwhelming when I really stop to think about it. I will never show you our master bathroom (yes, it's that bad) and our kitchen is crying out for help. For heaven's sake, we still have brass outlet covers that need to be replaced and a hideous chandelier in the entry.

Still, we love our home even though it's 'in process'. We'll always be in that stage, won't we? I've been thinking that we need to name this home we love. It's definitely not a cottage, cabin or anything that resembles something that charming. But 608 just doesn't do it justice. Kelly suggested the 'Bat Cave', but I don't think so.

It'll come to me, and when it does, I'll share. Until then, here are some pics of what we're looking like lately...

Living Room
(lazy morning, watching tv... I didn't have the heart to kick them out just so I could take a picture. or move the laptop, apparently.)

the remote is a gun. yeah, he's shooting me.

I have big plans for this corner. Big. Plans. ones that don't include visible cords.

Book Page Wreath (love it!)


educational entertainment? nah. Fish Hooks!


I really need to clean out our little locker room. It's taunting me... can you see it, peeking at you?


Dining Room (hasn't changed much)


Study (ignore the pile of stuff on the chest-turned-table... big plans for that one too, of course)


the Mister working hard in the study.
with his camo pjs on. i know it's hard to see him, with the camo and all...
 wish the 'puter cords were camoflauged.

More to Come!


No comments: