Tuesday, January 11, 2011

whatever...

As I mentioned recently, one of my goals this year is to chill out. Ask most people who knew me 15 years ago, and they would likely say that I was pretty laid back. Like waaaay laid back. Like, so laid back that I wasn't so great with the grades in college. I was all, "eh". As the years have gone by, I have become more uptight, set in my way of thinking and find myself irritated easily. It makes no one happy and I just get stressed out. My new motto is... "whatever". Not the snotty, "Uh, What-ever!" teenage whatever, but a mellow, deep breathing, "whatever you need to do... is okay with me", or "whatever I can do to help" or "whatever works, I'm easy-peasy-rice-and-cheesy".
This worked well until about 2:45 today. It was a busy day, the epitome of a Monday (except on a... Tuesday).  I received a phone call that threw me off the "whatever" track. I was ready to rant and rave (and did to the poor people who happened to be standing near me at 2:46) until a friend reminded me of my new mellow vibe. I eventually chilled out, but realized... this is going to be harder than I thought. Whatever.

No comments: