Saturday, January 29, 2011

a change of plans

This time of year, our Saturday mornings usually look like this:

(bad action shot - sorry. if you can't tell, that's my 9-year old basketball wonder!)


Today, however, we had a rare morning off. So this is what I did (after sleeping in 'til 8:45 and enjoying fresh brewed coffee, thank you Kelly!):





I've been wanted to try it ever since I saw it done here, and I'm happy, at least until we tile the back splash. Now just to paint the cabinets, replace the counter tops, get a new stove... 

3 comments:

emily said...

cute! What an original way to use it and very smart of you to skip the tracing part. Hope you enjoy your handiwork!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you did a great job! I would love to copy this for my guest room.

Anonymous said...

Great job! I'm toying with this project, too! :)