Monday, March 09, 2009

Spring Cleaning... Or Not

This past week I was determined to tackle my Spring Cleaning. We still have a cold spell here or there (do I sound southern??) but it's into the 80s & so so humid now, so I'm wearing a white cotton skirt today and don't feel silly about it.

Kelly was out of town for ballgames most of the week and I figured it would be a great time to tackle the job. But the weekdays came and went and nothing got done. Friday evening was spent with a fellow coaches wife, Saturday was filled with the last games of basketball and awards.

(Baseball had a great weekend. The Demons won the first 2 games their first conference series and were hoping for a sweep with a win on Sunday afternoon.)

So Sunday was the day. We played hooky from church (yes, we do that from time to time) and committed to the cleaning process. Recovering from the time change we were still in our jams at 10am. I had finished Nolan's room and was halfway done in various other places when Kelly sent a text asking if we were coming down to Lake Charles, a near 3-hour drive. I replyed, thinking he sent the text to the wrong person. That's when I realized what he meant. I've been known to hop in the car at the last minute and surprise Kelly at an away game. Well, my thoughts couldn't have been further from that idea... but now that he mentioned it...

We did just that. We left the mess behind, and headed south. We arrived in the 2nd inning and enjoyed an afternoon in the sunshine. The Demons eventually lost 15-14, but it was exciting to watch as a senior hit a grand slam to bring us within 1 run.

Kelly joined us on the drive home and we pulled in just as the sun was setting. Thus begins another week in the life of the Spanns. Kelly travels to Texas for a mid-week game and we'll enjoy a weekend series at home. The kids begin baseball & softball practice this week (no rest for the weary... parents - that is!).

As Spring roars in, here's hoping you & yours enjoys sun on your face and a "spring" in your step! (Yeah - I'm cheesy!)

No comments: