Saturday, February 26, 2011

promise & possibilities

I am a Promise, I am a Possibility, I am a Promise... With a Capital 'P'! I am a great big bundle of - Potentiality!!

As I wrote the title of this post the above song popped into my head. I believe I learned it in children's church as a wee one. Some things just stick with you...

As I was saying - Promise. February is on it's way out and I can feel it. The Promise of Spring.

“It's spring fever.... You don't quite know what it is you DO want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so!” - Mark Twain


Is that not so true? As the temperatures rise and I paint my toenails in order to sport last year's sandals, I am excited about what lies ahead. New growth in our garden, in our lawn, in me. Of course, I need to get to work. Pulling weeds, pruning back and getting rid of all the dead and wilted that this especially hard winter left behind. Everything is grey and brown. The pool is a little green. It has not been tended to. I'm certain that if we had prepared our pool, our yard and our lawn properly in the fall, we wouldn't have so much work to do. Same goes for me. I could do with a bit of pruning. I have some old weeds that need to be yanked up - out of my heart and my mind.

No one imagines spring and thinks of dull, life-less color. No, we imagine bright yellow, blues and greens. Not the pale pastels or florescent hues of plastic Easter Eggs. No, I'm talking about colors like this:

 



Those are the colors of my spring. Of my Promise. I am full of Potentiality!!!

No comments: