Sunday, August 15, 2010

run, forrest, run!

I feel it's time to put this out there:

I. AM. A. RUNNER.

Four words I never thought I'd say in my life. Am I a size 2, long and lean, marathon running machine? No. I am the same old Ang, my size hasn't changed (YET) and I can claim just under 3 miles. Do I walk some? Yes, I run 30 seconds, walk 30 seconds... sometimes I even run a full minute. Oh yeah.

Don't laugh. I am the same girl who had a doctor's excuse from running in 7th grade due to my medical condition. Condromalcia Patella. Look it up.

My friend is trying to convince me to sign up for half-marathon training. Not so sure about that, but we'll see. That is a BIG step for me. So if you see a girl with a bright red, sweaty face, half-running, half-walking throughout the streets of Natchitoches, don't call 9-1-1. It's just me. No, I'm not dying or having a heart attack. I'm just running.

No comments: