Friday, October 31, 2008

Too Pooped to Party

Last week was Northwestern's Homecoming and the Spanns were Demons through and through. Tuesday night I judged the Lip Sync competition. It was quite a sight watching the various sororities & fraternities get their "rock" on. This year's theme was "Live Like A Rock Star". The department decided that next time the Student Activities staff will definitely participate. We may be old, but we can still get our groove on.

On Thursday I took the kids to the Homecoming Parade & Pep Rally. The kids had a blast and caught more candy than they could carry. "This is the best parade EVER!", Claire exclaimed as she stuffed her cheeks and the giant Wal-Mart bag with candy. On Friday we tailgated & enjoyed another Demon victory (at least the first half... We can't stay past halftime, due to boredom.)

This week brought Fall Festival, school carnivals & parties. And I'm pooped. We have candy coming out our ears. Hannah Montana & Batman made an appearance in the Spann Home, for which we consider ourselves very lucky!

Today kicked off the Demon Baseball World Series. It's the grand finale of Fall Baseball. Kelly is once again the head coach of Kelly's Heros, and unfortunately they dropped their first game 5-4. It's a 5 game series, though, and I'm confident they'll take it all the way!

I have pictures to post of the above mentioned events, but I'm way too tired as I sit at work at 8:15 pm to tend to a "work emergency". So, with a sigh & a yawn I'll be on my way...

No comments: