Monday, March 22, 2010

why go slow?

when you can go fast?


Claire & Nolan played in their opening season tournament this past weekend. Claire started in her first fast pitch game ever. She's "playing up" which means that while she should be with the other 7 & 8 year olds playing coach-pitch, she's playing with 9, 10 & 11 year olds. She did amazingly well! She had 3 strike outs (and only one walk) her very first inning. I was beaming (and crying). Not too bad for this little 8-year-old, I'd say.

Nolan was stellar at 2nd base! Always at the ready and giving his all, baseball comes pretty easily to Nolan. It probably helps since he's been at the ballpark since he's been in the womb. That is literal, people!

Looking very tough


Claire's Cane River Crushers placed 3rd in last weekend's travel tourney. Are these some mean looking ladies or what?

Side note: When I was in college, I distinctly remember sitting next to my girlfriend at a basketball game. She and I were both faithful fans, if not actual athletes ourselves. (We left that to our other 2 roomies.) Anyway - the football coach and his family (which consisted of a gorgeous wife and 4 precious children) were at the game. "I could totally see myself married to a coach", my friend said. "Not me," was my reply. "I can't handle all sports, all the time. Give me an athletic guy, but I need someone a little artsy". Oh how funny life is! I actually laugh out loud now when I think of that conversation that took place over 14 years ago. (Wow, I'm old!). If you know Kelly, "artsy" is not a word that would remotely describe him. But I love my life. All sports. All the time. Who would want it any other way?

No comments: