Friday, March 05, 2010

I'd rather be in...

Who wouldn't, I mean, really! This is Paris we're talking about. If you haven't kept up with us lately, then you wouldn't know that Claire has really taken to Paris and all thing Parisian, french or french-inspired. To most of you, this is not new information, but I must say, that it's no passing fancy. The girl is smitten. In fact, her love of the Francois is so great, that it has spilled over into the rest of the family (kind of like Nolan's Star Wars obsession of late, or the Thomas the Tank Engine craze from 2005-2008). Needless to say, the Tower Eiffel (as they say in Paris) is a dominate feature in her new room.


The snow globe is of Paris and the book is 'Baedecker's Paris' (a travel guide). She also has several textbooks and dictionaries, from which she is teaching herself french.


I have actually counted the towers in her room, and right now we're at 11. That is counting only the ones out in the open. It does not count the one on her school binder, the ones she painted on pottery this summer or the one printed on tin which was purchased in Paris at the Basilique du Sacre-Coeur by a friend. (I wish I could pronounce that with a proper accent!)

And of course, could we do a black & white, Parisian-inspired room without a bit of red? No, Monsieur! The curtains have chandeliers on them, which are so very fun!

And to think, that this is what it looked like, not so very long ago...




1 comment:

Stephenie from Decorating Addiction said...

I LOVE THE ROOM! Thank you so much for sharing the link on my blog so that I could see it. I cannot wait to finish my daughter's room now!