Monday, June 08, 2009

SIX

Okay, so I didn't totally forget, but kind of. (Blog-wise, that is.)

In the midst of baseball, last days of school and trips for travel ball, Nolan turned 6.

Never thought I'd say this, as I'm not a sentimental kind of gal, but I'm very sad about it. I can handle Claire turning 8 this month. I can manage the thought that Claire will be in third grade. I can even handle her taking trips with friends independent of me. But the thought that little Nolan, who-everyone-adores-even-when-he's-grumpy-because-he's-just-that-cute, is six is a bit daunting to me.

Perhaps it's the loss of babyhood. Or the fact that he now calls his sister "Claire" instead of "Cware". Or just the idea that I am the mother of school-aged children with no toddlers in the mix. Whatever it is, Kelly rolls his eyes at me, the kids lift my sunglasses to check for tears, and my throat hurts when I talk about it. I guess I'll just *sigh* and try to deal... And be thankful for the smart, savvy, healthy, hilarious boy who loves to snuggle with me and still calls me 'mama'.

Highlights of the Celebration:

He insisted on a "birthday donut"

Birthday $$

With Friends at the Movies: "Night At The Museum"


Lego Love


Nolan's 'famous' Yoda impersonation

No comments: