Saturday, May 24, 2008

Moving Day

Okay, I have to make this quick... We are moving today and there is much to do, but I wanted to sneak in one little post since I don't know when the computer will get unpacked! Many events have transpired since my last post: birthday parties, Conference Tournament, a trip to Texas, end-of-the-year programs and the last day of school, just to mention a few.

Nolan is officially 5 years old! We had a party last weekend which was a bit of a bummer. That's what happens when no one shows. (Sigh) Nolan was fine, as he still received awesome toys including Speed Racer & Transformers. I was more upset than he was. A party to remember, I guess!

We left on Wednesday evening for the Southland Conference Tournament in Huntsville, Texas. Unfortunately, the Demons were eliminated in 2 games, and we left just after Thursday's afternoon game. The trip was shorter than expected, but we came home and decided to move. It was the plan to tackle that little task this week, but we figured it would be nice to do it during the holiday weekend, while some of the players were still around. Nothing like free help. Free, that is, if you don't count the food!

The kids are done with school for the year and Kelly is a stay-at-home dad for the summer. They'll attend baseball camps with Kelly, as well as VBS and all the other traditional summer activities. Claire & Nolan both had programs, and I was so proud as I listened to Nolan & his class recite the entire 23rd Psalm. We are thankful for the school they attended this year but look forward to the new school they'll attend here in Natchitoches.

Okay, I really have to go... Won't be long until I check back in, but until then, have a great Memorial Day Weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We love and miss you guys! Tell Nolan Happy Birthday! Moving stinks but you guys are pros at it by now!!! Tell Missy Claire and Nolan are spoken for:) I already have the wedding plans started. Talk to you soon,
Heidi