Sunday, January 06, 2008

Working Girl

I'm no Melanie Griffith, but I am working! I started on Wednesday - It's good. There has been a lot of restructuring in the dept, from the VP all the way down, so there are a few of us who are new and not exactly certain what's going on. Most of my co-workers were out through the week, making my job... well, boring. I didn't have much to do (since I didn't know WHAT to do), but I've been assured (and reassured by many) that my position is extremely busy and I won't complain of boredom ever again. Okay by me, I'd rather have too much to do than not enough. My first few days were good, though, and I see myself enjoying myself in this new position.

Claire & Nolan return to school tomorrow - thankfully! We've had a very restful & relaxing vacation, but we're ready for a schedule again. Claire begins basketball practice this week and we're thinking of starting the kids in a Wednesday evening program at church. Back to life, back to reality...

So, the weather - It was actually pretty cold this week. The high was 42 on Wednesday and windy. Chilly. It slowly warmed up and it was 78 today! With sunshine and humidity. We actually have the a/c on right now. Our life in Louisiana is still very surreal to me. Claire & Nolan were playing outside this afternoon and came in for a water break. Their cheeks were red and their brows were sweaty... And it's January!!

The warm weather does help us to think ahead to the upcoming baseball season. Every year, just after the holidays, I work on our spring calendar. If nothing else, the past 8 years in college athletics has taught me what to expect (and not expect) as a coach's wife. Keeping an organized calendar is a priority, as is staying flexible. This year's schedule looks a bit different than most, as games begin in February. We're used to waiting until April, and even then the ground is frozen. I'm looking forward to this season: Kelly is in a low-pressure position, we'll have gorgeous weather, many of their games are at home and we'll have the opportunity to travel and stay with Kelly for a few weekends. Good stuff.

So, not much else is new. Yet, so much still is! (Do I make any sense at all?!) In this New Year, I anticipate many exciting things for all of us - Not just our family, but yours too! Happy 2008! Make it great! (I know, I know...I'm lame).

No comments: