Wednesday, April 11, 2007

...More

I said I'd post "more" later, so here I am. Let's see...

A few weeks ago I spoke at my Thursday morning Bible Study's large group (about 60 women) and shared my testimony. Afterwards a woman approached me and asked if I would be interested in speaking at a monthly women's outreach luncheon she attends. Yesterday I attended the luncheon as her guest to find out more about it. It was a lovely event, but I was the youngest woman in attendance by at least 30 years! ("She's so young!" they would exclaim as I met the 'regulars'). The ladies at my table averaged about 75, but were fun to talk to and get to know. I'm not exactly sure what will happen, if anything, but the ladies are eager for "new blood" they tell me. We'll see...

Nolan is loving his preschool class and his teacher tells me he's adapted well and is "a very well behaved boy". It's always a joy (and relief!) to hear that your children are behaving when they're not on your watch! He begins t-ball next month and Kelly will coach. Knowing Kelly's interests and passion for sports, we've heard endless comments about preparing our kids for the "pros" over the years. It hasn't been until now that Kelly is ready to start coaching them ("It's time!" he says).

Claire is also thriving in her class, enjoying field trips and playing with friends. She's almost completed her book for Awana and will soon move to the next level. Soccer begins Saturday, the first of 8 weeks. I'm preparing for some cold mornings. Kelly will be watching from the sidelines along with me, as he's not too soccer savvy.

And although we haven't seen a home game for RCTC baseball (due to the weather), that doesn't stop Kelly from soaking it in via television. For some unknown reason I forget that baseball dominates most of our free time from April through September. "I'm working", Kelly says as he watches... with a totally straight face (and he means it!).

Seems like there's so much more going on, but I won't bore you with the details. I'll leave you with the Spann kids in their Easter best. Have a great day!

No comments: