Monday, April 16, 2007

Blessed

Oh what a beautiful morning, oh what a beautiful day, I've got a beautiful feeling...

Right now you're thinking one of two things: #1 - She's crazy. #2 - Oh, that's the song from the musical 'Oklahoma'. Angela must be having a great day! She's crazy.

It's a gorgeous day. Hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill tonight, baseball in the backyard. We enjoyed an outdoor weekend as RCTC played their first home games and Claire had her first soccer practice. The sun was shining and we've got the pink cheeks to prove it.

We are truly blessed. I was reading back through the archives of this blog and much has happened since August of last year. It's been exciting and scary and hard and fun... and I wouldn't change any of it. (If you're new to our blog, take a look at some of the old entries and you'll see all that's happened).
It's now mid-April which means my husband will be leaving for 8 weeks in just over a month. I am so happy that he's able to take part in this tremendous opportunity. While we've learned so much this past year, it has been difficult, mostly for him. Coaching the FCA Grays this summer will be so good for him, not to mention that those he'll be working with, coaching and ministering to, will be blessed to have him.

And we have the best friends and family in the world. We've always known this, but we're truly seeing it in action. You have shown your love by supporting us financially this upcoming summer. We have lived all over this country and have been loved by and have laughed with the best: you. We are moved by your love and sacrifice for us. 'Thank you' just isn't enough, but I'll say it anyway: Thank You.

Although I shouldn't be, I continue to be amazed at God's provision. I've just recently been given the opportunity to care for a little girl, the daughter of friends and a classmate of Nolan's, during this summer. It's very part-time, only 2 days a week, but that small income will make a world of difference. A flexible schedule will still allow us to spend time in Kansas City. Truly an answer to prayer.

It's just one of those great days and I wanted to share it with you.

I've got a beautiful feeling, everything's going my way!

No comments: