Monday, February 15, 2010

it's time...

It is time to blog.

It's been so terribly long, I know.
We've moved into our new home and as of Saturday are re-connected to the world wide web! There is so much to say but only so much you really want to know, so I've decided to make a list, something I'm quite into making these days. It's gong to be random, and I'm certain I'll forget something, make that several things, but at least you'll get a glimpse.

1. We are at home today, enjoying the President's Day holiday. Tomorrow we will be home for the Mardi Gras holiday. We caught more beads than we could wear at the parade and Kelly dove into a feast of crawfish. Oh how I heart Louisiana! (I don't know if you've heard, but the Saints won the Superbowl. We tend to favor the Cowboys in the Spann Fam, but it was exciting, none the less!)


2. We dismissed from school early on Thursday and school was cancelled on Friday due to... SNOW! And I mean real snow! It was incredible. The kids made snowmen and had snowball fights (and nearly got frostbite since we no longer own any real winter gear). It's all melted now, but it was fun while it lasted. Kelly wasn't a fan, however, and is quite glad it's gone.


3. As I've mentioned a few times, we moved. But before we actually moved furniture and hauled boxes, we painted, tore out cabinets, peeled off wallpaper (as well as some layers of drywall - oops!)painted and painted some more! We had one and a half weeks in between closing and moving and resigned to get as much done as possible. We have much, much more to do, and the topic really deserves a post of it's own. More to come.


4. Claire has enjoyed another season of Upward Basketball, and has just one game left this season. She's the master of the bounce pass and loves to play. We are practicing softball again with her travel team and will play a weekend tournament in a couple of weeks. She'll also play Dixie Youth Softball (because we're completely crazy) which starts this month. Pitching lessons, here we come!


5. Nolan took his first belt test and is now a "high white belt". Small steps, people. He truly enjoys karate and is quite a natural. It won't be too long before he tests again for his yellow belt. They've begun sparring (the official term for... well, fighting) and loves it. He'll also play baseball along side his big sister. This means several meals will be eaten in the car with evenings spent in the ball park!


6. Kelly has started baseball practice and is supposed to have their first game this week. The snow pushed things back a little and we're expecting rain, so we'll see. We're all excited for another season and interested to learn the ins & outs of high school baseball.


7. Kelly's mom is still with us as we wait for an apartment to open up for her. She's doing well although would love to be in her own place. All things considered, things are pretty good.

8. I love, love, love my job. Not only do I get snow days and holidays, but I really get to experience school with my kids. Everyday is "Bring Your Kids to Work Day!". I've learned so much during my short time there and have such an appreciation for those who educate my children.

9. I love my dog. I really do. But she drives me crazy. She barks like mad and scratches up the wood frame of the french door but that all comes with the territory, right? I think I need the dog whisperer.

10. I've been addicted to the Food Network. Now if I can just translate my obsession to the kitchen... I need a new stove. One to match my new fridge. All in time, I must remind myself, all in time.

Life is good. We are healthy, no major illnesses for us this year. We are settling in. I am breathing deeper and smiling bigger. We are very busy and rarely home, but that is what summer is for!

I could go on and on and on but I have a paintbrush and a can of red paint with my name on it. Besides, my brain doesn't go back farther than this past week! Forward motion, friends, forward motion...

No comments: