Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Many Thanks

Well, the Spanns hit the road again and today I greet you from DeFuniak Springs, Florida. We left yesterday (Tuesday) at 3am and arrived just after 11am. Kelly drove, the kids & I slept and we're enjoying family. We'll spend this week with Kelly's mom, grandmother, aunt & uncle. It's been a very, very long time since we've seen them and we're so happy to be here!

We stopped for gas in Daphne, Alabama, home of our first apartment 10 years ago. It was pretty strange to be there... I felt as though there should be a bit more ceremony to our return, but instead we were just 'there'. Driving into Florida on I10 brought back lots of memories, too, as we made that trip several times when we lived here...

Back in LA (I like saying that - with a cheesy smile, of course) we're settling in. We've finally rid ourselves of the giant yellow moving truck, and I'll be happy if I don't see another one for a very long time. We've enjoyed some great weather. The day we arrived it was 85 and pretty humid. I put the kids in shorts the next day and we headed out to visit their new school. Of course, it was in the 60s, and people looked at us like we were nuts! We will acclimate quickly, I'm certain, and those mid-50s will feel much colder!

As we another Thanksgiving, we realize that The Spann Fam has much to be thankful for. Our safe move, our excellent health, our wonderful friends & family. We have an amazing God who loves & provides for us far beyond our needs. We offer many thanks for all that we have, for all the amazing people in our lives, all that is in store for us!

We wish you & yours all the best... Happy Thanksgiving!!

No comments: