Tuesday, December 29, 2009

house stuff

Okay, so I said I would share deets. (details!)


... as long as we've been in Natchitoches, I have been looking online at houses. Knowing that Kelly's mom was joining here, we knew we'd need a bit more room and we were ready to be homeowners again.

Claire & I went to look at a smallish house in a great neighborhood where many of our friends now live. We looked very casually, and decided that it was just too small for us. A friend told me about a house she walked by on her "route" each day with a For Sale sign out front. She didn't know much about it, other than the fact that it had 4 bedrooms and a saltwater pool. After stalking the property online, Kelly & I decided that we needed to see it in person. We were sold.

After some time, an offer was accepted. The process was a bit slower than usual since we were negotiating with a relocation company out of California. But our patience and persistence paid off! We are so excited! It does have a saltwater pool, a large yard, 4 bedrooms, 2 living areas with fireplaces and a large covered patio. It needs a lot of love. New paint. Carpet. Counter tops. Appliances. Like I said, lots of love. But we see ourselves on Tahoe Drive for many, many years to come.



Welcome Home!
So, I know I have more to share... I'll promise, I'll be back!!

No comments: